www.liverpoolecho.co.uk
This website had a lot of interesting stories that I thought would highlight key topics affecting Liverpool such as - the crime rate. The crime stories were on every single page and mostly focused on fraud and gangsters. Dog attacks - The highest rate of dog attacks happen in Knowlesly so why does this happen? Lastly, investments into youth activities which I thought would be an important topic to cover as it affects a lot of young people.
www.bbc.co.uk/news/england/merseyside
I couldn't find anything that stood out too much to me as I am interested in creating awareness rather than covering an article. I did find a lot about sport though which appears to be highly important and creates community in Liverpool.

www.liverpoolexpress.com
This website had a lot of interesting articles about the art community in Liverpool which interested me as I wasn't aware about how important art is in Liverpool and the different forms it comes in. Also interesting was a few articles on developments in Merseyside such as parks which can tie into the youth culture and why developments like these are important.
I also came across a few websites that focused on Liverpool Stories which I found really useful and gave me ideas that focus on the Liverpool community.
www.peoples-stories.com
On this website I found that people could write little entries about their Liverpool based stories which was really interesting and definitely inspired me. I thought that talking about famous Liverpool history was a possibilty.
My idea:
After looking at various news articles and existing documentaries and websites I thought of my idea.
3 people of different age groups - tell me your most important memory of Liverpool.
I thought that this would provoke some really interesting responses. It reminded me of the "Fifty People - one question" documentary, however this would focus on 3 people so we could have more detailed and insightful responses. I thought a varied age range was interesting as they would all have different views and opinions and show how Liverpool has changed. I thought about using - a teenager, middle aged woman and a pensioner. However, when pitching to my group I realised that maybe this was still too broad, especially for 5 minutes.








No comments:
Post a Comment