Before I went to record sound I researched and looked at tutorials on how to create the sound I wanted. Also, as a contingency we recorded via the microphone set up and also via the dslr cameras built in microphone although, this audio wasn't as clear. I wanted to find out how to achieve clear interview sound as I had never recorded an interview and I already knew how to create atmospheric sound because of the previous experimental project.
Creating good interview sound is really important as its the main focus of our story and it needs to feel personal and clear.
I firstly went on YouTube to view tutorials... I looked firstly at basic interview techniques and ways to record clear sound which I can use as a back up and also because I have never recorded an interview.
YOUTUBE. (2014) [online]. Last accessed 24 February 2014 at www.youtube.com
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_w7slHB65eo
This video just highlighted the basics for recording an interview which helped me when figuring out how to set up for the interview this helped me achieve clear audio.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SR9Zz4PjyrU
This video explained using in camera sound which I then decided to use as a contingency. As it explains, the sound isn't as clear as the sound is usually further away from the camera. However, this could be boosted in post production and should only be used if something goes wrong with our sound.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGukxTM23-g
This video showed an interesting way of recording outdoor atmospheric sounds. We see a zoom microphone in the corner of a garden, linked up to a laptop. I could do this to record all the atmospheric sounds by using an audio box linked up to a laptop and microphone and put this in a corner to pick up nice, natural and unexpected sounds such as birds, the children playing, general chatter.
VINCENT, Sean (2008) How to record good quality audio for film & TV. [online]. Last accessed 24 February 2014 at: http://music.tutsplus.com/tutorials/how-to-record-high-quality-audio-for-film-tv--audio-641
This website taught me what to do when recording sound such as why it's important to listen back to your sound after it's been recorded so you can decide if it needs doing again or not. It also says to record strong audio with a boom it needs to be placed directly above the mouth. So when we're interviewing I will constantly ensure that the audio is all correct.
No comments:
Post a Comment