Monday, 24 February 2014

Sound logs

I logged the sound on the shoot to help the editors pick the best bits of audio to use as I made sure to record more than enough sound and obviously some of it wasn't good enough to be used as we did many takes of each clip. However, most of the atmospheric sounds were already really good and natural on the first take as people didn't really notice the recording.

My sound log tells the editor when the good sound comes in, what take, what the sound is and notes on that sound. It helps digest the large amount of sound we had and chooses the best bits to put in the edit. I went over the logs with the director, editor and sound editor and discussed what would work best and how the sounds I recorded would work within the edit. Although my log seems like it doesn't actually have much sound this is because I recorded mainly 1-5 long takes of the same sound and left the microphone running in the background.

No comments:

Post a Comment