Monday, 24 February 2014

Equipment List

Making sure I had all the correct equipment saved time on the shoot as I was well organised and had planned for each audio shot I would be recording.

Audio Technica - This was the microphone I used throughout the shoot. It was the best microphone to use to record the interviews as it picked up the voices really well and directionally. We tried using Lapel microphones but found that these were often too quiet and picked up too much movement especially with clothes.
Boom Pole - This was used to ensure the microphone was placed correctly e.g. overhead. It ensures that the microphone wasn't in shot but still recorded clear, crisp sound.
Zoom recorder - This was the device we used to record the sound into. It meant that we could easily transfer the sound over.
Headphones- Using headphones to the sound made sure that the sound was clear and not picking up any unwanted sounds from outside. Making sure the levels were high enough so you could actually hear the sounds.
USB Cables- We used these to transfer the sounds on to a hard drive straight away so we could back them up.


No comments:

Post a Comment