The first idea:
This was our first idea that we started developing as a team. It was based on dream sequences and awkward relationships between a couple and an ex partner, set on a plane going to Kuala Lumpur. We had a lot of ideas that would have developed this idea further, however as a group we decided this story was lacking a strong narrative and was too difficult for a 5 minute short film. We also had an issue with locations as a plane was too difficult and some team members did disagree on the location. This could have been communicated better to save us time. We did do some research into other options such as tutorial videos and different locations such as trains or waiting rooms to give that inescapable feeling.
http://www.videocopilot.net/

The second and final idea:
Whirlwind.
A story about infatuation and young love that's positive and changes the way we think about love.
As the first idea fell through I made sure that as a team we worked together to help develop the idea I had created as a contingency. We were really lucky that we had a contingency with everything in place. After we changed our idea our communication and team work drastically improved as I made sure everyone contributed and no one was left panicking about the process. We changed idea mainly because mine was achievable and ready to film straight away as I had been working continuously on a script and story. Through email communication I got the help of my team to help me develop a visual idea for the piece.
I also created short back stories for the characters by answering a series of questions. Even though I didn't answer them all it gave me an idea of who the characters were and what they would act like and wear.
We looked at existing short films on Vimeo that were similar to how we wanted to structure our piece. This helped us to think about how we'd tell quite a developed story into a simple short 5 minute drama.
https://vimeo.com/63898509 - what I liked about this and took on board the most was how the music and sound stood out. It wasn't over the top so your attention was never diverted away from the story - which is based on real events. The sound and music was really crisp and clear and worked well with the theme of the piece which is why it was so subtle.
https://vimeo.com/60959747 - as a short film I felt that the story fitted in very well in 17 minutes and didn't feel rushed. The camera moves fluently and helps you glide through the story.








No comments:
Post a Comment