Le Miror - Ramon and Pedro 2010. This piece felt totally different to Sign Language and was more of a dramatic and stylised piece of work. What first stood out to me was how the point of view shots really grabbed your attention and instantly make you ask about the films themes. It was done in a way that felt natural and realistic. In my film I think this could bring the narrated scenes a bit of depth and variety especially in terms of shots. The piece is repetitive in a really clever way and doesn't bore you it just makes you more interested. I really liked how the colours set the tone here and worked well with the repetition throughout. It's similar to the repetition of the job in Sign Language but shown in a more emotive way through showing darker colours. I think the sound in this film also makes you think more about the themes and narrative as there's no real dialogue only the sounds you would typically hear in the bathroom. You really sympathise with the character and wonder what has triggered him and I think to do this in 5 minutes is difficult and this has inspired me to write strong stories for my characters.
Monday, 28 April 2014
2 Existing short films.
Sign language - Oscar Sharp 2010. Even though this film had more of a documentary feel I think that it's a really strong short piece of work that has a clear message and sets this message out in a way that doesn't feel rushed. It keeps the viewer engaged with the variety of shots included and doesn't break away from the story for too long. I really liked how the camera felt hand held as it felt a little more personal to me and told more of a story. I think in my piece this can be important as it will seem more real and not so staged and rehearsed especially in the narration pieces with cutaways. I really liked how vivid the colours were and this seemed to be an important factor in the story as I felt it showed the contrast between a man who loves his job as a sign holder and he rest of the world being more negative about theirs. The bright colours certianly added a nice contrast as it was a really dull and rainy day. It all brings out personality and narrative in a really interesting way. This has inspired my piece as I would like colour to accentuate characters personalities as they're both contrasting people and with the story and dialogue limited, it'll really help he story.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment