For our video we decided to use block colours that work well with the emotions he's feeling and the text on screen.
We started the edit whilst working with the sound as we wanted to see how well paced the piece would be with the words. Although we did want pace we also wanted it to not make sense as in the words would be at random speeds as we're focusing more on his mind in the video rather than the outside world. Not being a perfect pace cut made it seem like the character was thinking more rapidly and his mood was changing quickly. Overall, the edit went well after getting tutor feedback as we realised that we needed to focus more on the text and how that would look rather than using a mixture of text and pictures. We realised that the piece needed to be more simplistic in order to work well with the complicated emotion of the piece. We edited quickly and worked well as a team taking turns to edit sections e.g. I worked on calm and Jess worked on paranoia. We both researched lots of interesting words and looked into colours. I feel confident working on Final Cut Pro and feel I was efficient as an editor however, I feel that I should have asked more questions and been more upfront about things I was unsure on as it turned out I was editing in the wrong codec.
We edited using Final Cut Pro. Here are screenshots of the edit:
As you can see we used different fonts for each phase e.g. calm and panic. I think that this worked really well and established a build up and difference in mood and tension. The size difference also shows how strongly the character feels especially as he's at his most vulnerable. Using the colour block function on Final Cut Pro we managed to use different colours for every word using pastels for calm times and bright vivid dangerous colours for the panic.



No comments:
Post a Comment