The reason we changed idea was due to some creative differences between the team and the logistics of that particular idea. It wasn't handled in the most efficient way but when we did change the idea over the teamwork definitely improved and we learnt how important it is to keep communication especially if you're worried about something.
My idea - the final idea: Whirlwind.
The theme:
Journey of self discovery.
Journey usually means to travel somewhere.
I thought about the theme in 2 ways.
The first was - my character(s) could go on a physical journey e.g. using transport and it could take them somewhere that puts their life in to perspective.
The second was - my character(s) could go on a journey of self discovery.
I decided that I wanted my character, Flynn to go on a journey of self discovery and learn about himself and why he is such a negative person. I wanted it to seem really positive and something we could learn from whilst also having a negative and selfish side as he focuses all of his attention on someone else, forgetting about the real world until his girlfriend suddenly leaves.
Genre:
Drama.
Drama means a piece of writing that is acted out or performed.
Dramas are typically serious fictional pieces of work that focus on a story. They use realistic situations and characters to develop the story and takes them on a journey. The character usually goes through a hard situation that they then go on to solve which can be a personal journey or hardship.Typically, they depend on in depth character developments and emotions shown throughout. Most Hollywood films use drama as a base for their film but often incorporate other genres such as: Horror and action. Dramas are simple for audiences, giving them a preferred reading of the story which they understand easily and takes them on a emotional journey with a happy and resolved ending with no questions left to be asked. With this in mind, I wanted to create a simple story that has no questions but you can still have your own interpretation so therefore, isn't completely conventional to the genre. I took my character on a journey of self discovery in a real life situation where he deals with conflict e.g. - his parents divorce and his girlfriend leaving suddenly after not enough time together. You can see this play out and solve itself as the characters develop.
Examples:
Dramas, like all films include character development, an action or twist and then an equilibrium once solved. So, my set up is Flynn telling us about his life and meeting Lily. The confrontation would be Lily leaving so soon after they've met as he's become dependent on her and the resolution is that she has changed his outlook on life and that he can be happy without her. This theory and method of filmmaking is called the 3 act theory. It's really simple to follow and is used in most films, typically Hollywood and big budget.
Moodboard:
These are pictures from films that inspired me. I thought mainly about how it would look as I wanted it to look really interesting with a set colour scheme and distinctive look. I looked at films such as Amelie that is very distinctive to look at and only has 3 main colours you see - yellow green and red. I think these colours help bring out emotion especially happy emotions.






No comments:
Post a Comment